Preparation: 10 min, Cook Time: 0 min Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission Fresh California Avocado Hummus is simple to prepare, creamy and a delicious change from classic hummus recipes.
2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
1 (15-oz. can) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. avocado or extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish, optional
½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Dice half the avocado and set aside.
- Mash remaining avocado, garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt together until smooth. (May also puree in blender or food processor.)
- Gently stir diced avocado into hummus mixture.
- Drizzle with avocado or olive oil if desired; serve.
- Serving Suggestion: Mold into a 2-cup ring mold lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Un-mold onto a serving platter, drizzle with avocado or olive oil and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley. Serve with toasted pita chips or carrot chips.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly. Nutrition information per serving Calories 140; Total Fat 10 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 7 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 125 mg; Potassium 270 mg; Total Carbohydrates 11 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 3 g; Vitamin A 63 (IU); Vitamin C 4 mg; Calcium 24 mg; Iron 0.9 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 47 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.06 g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
“When walking, walk. When eating, eat.”
– Rashaski Zen Proverb