1. Raw veggies and hummus. A few of my favorite raw veggies to pair with hummus include: red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and sugar snap peas.
2. Fresh fruits and nuts and seeds. Get creative by mixing things up – clean eating is also about variety! Try pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds…just to name a few. Pair them with a variety of fruits such as berries, kiwis, oranges, grapefruit, apples, mangoes, grapes, bananas, peaches or pears…as you can see the list can go on!
3. Greek yogurt mixed with herbs served with raw veggies. Try mixing nonfat Greek yogurt with fresh rosemary and serve with your favorite raw veggies such as cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots.
4. Pecans and dried cranberries.
5. Fresh fruit smoothie made with frozen berries, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds.
6. Hard boiled egg with fresh fruit.
7. Ezekiel cereal with Greek yogurt or almond milk.
8. Smoked turkey breast topped with avocado and tomato slices.
9. Apple or celery with almond, peanut, or cashew butter.
10. Chicken lettuce wraps with bibb lettuce, avocado, and roasted red pepper.
11. Sprouted grain bread with almond, peanut, or cashew butter and topped with fresh sliced strawberries.
12. Fresh guacamole and veggies! Forget the chips and try dipping red bell peppers, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes in your favorite guacamole recipe! Dining out? Ask the server if they will bring cucumber slices instead of chips.
13. Cottage cheese mixed with fresh blueberries and sunflower seeds.
14. Dark Chocolate. The darker the chocolate the better. Aim for 70% or higher for the most antioxidant benefits. If portion control is a problem, then avoid buying the big chocolate bar and instead go for pre-portioned squares of dark chocolate.
15. Melted chocolate and fresh fruit. If you want to serve up a fancy sweet treat try melting some chocolate and then serving with fresh fruit such as strawberries, apples, bananas, and pineapple chunks.
16. Trail mix with Greek yogurt. Take about 1/8 – 1/4 cup trail mix – the type with nuts, dried fruit, and a little bit of chocolate and mix with your Greek yogurt….yummy!
17. Baked apple chips served with slivered almonds and topped with cinnamon.
18. Whole grain chips with black bean dip.